When you deploy molgenis to a server, the server's firewall will shield the services from unauthorized access.
When you're running on a development machine, you'll want to disallow access to the database and ElasticSearch index you are running to non-localhost clients.
Provide the following configuration items as Runtime Properties when running from your IDE tomcat or when running integration tests in maven:
If your firewall settings are based on the executables you run, instead on ports you open/close:
Disallow java, and postgres to open incoming connections in your firewall.
On macbook, you can do this as follows
- Apple, System preferences, Security and privacy,
- FileVault -> turn it on!
- Firewall -> turn it on, go to Firewall options
- Java processes, all of them -> Block incoming connections
- postgres -> Block incoming connections
- Automatically allow signed software to receive incoming connections -> uncheck